- This event has passed.
Planning Instruction for the Fall in the Wake of COVID-19
June 2, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Co-hosted with the Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) and the Center on Reinventing Public Education (CRPE), this webinar will focus on sharing accessible, intentional, and equity-centered instructional practices as Washington leaders plan for a range of back-to-school scenarios.
Date: June 2, 2020
Time: 11:30-12:30 pm Pacific
We will be joined by:
- Dr. Ivan Duran, Superintendent of Bellevue School District, which serves over 20,000 students
- Janel Keating Hambly, Superintendent of White River School District, which serves over 4,100 students
- Abby Cedano, Chief Academic Officer of Impact Public Schools, which serves over 260 students and is a growing network of schools
School leaders will share:
- How they are planning to deliver on the state superintendent’s guiding principles for continuous learning
- How they are taking this opportunity to reimagine the virtual and in-person student and teacher experience, including
- providing social-emotional learning and mentoring supports
- assessing and addressing learning loss through targeted small group instruction
- engaging staff in meaningful summer PD and on-going instructional coaching
This webinar will build on ‘Distance Learning During COVID-19: What We Can Learn from Washington Charters’, a webinar co-hosted by CRPE and WA Charters featuring K-12 approaches to distance learning during COVID-19.