Technical Assistance Resources
A consortium of partners has come together around Idaho’s Communities of Excellence federal CSP program to lead the expansion of high-quality charter schools across our state. Below you will find resources to help you understand the requirements and navigate the application process for this competitive funding opportunity.
Charter School Grant Technical Assistance Workshops & Webinars
In coordination with consortium partners, Bluum will conduct in-person Charter School Grant workshops across the state. Please see the calendar to the right for upcoming events.
Resources – Idaho Public Charter School Commission
The Idaho Public Charter School Commission offers a wealth of charter-related resources – links, tools and templates covering operations, finance planning, Performance Framework, and more:
- Support Materials – Find a pre-opening checklist and timeline, board and governance resources, and info about additional charter support organizations.
- PCSC Policies
- Research & Organizations – A list of organizations which provide additional support for charter schools in Idaho.
- New & Transfer Petitions – Idaho statute describes the process through which the PCSC may consider new charter petitions. Administrative rule and PCSC policy provide additional structure. Webinars on this page provide additional information about preparing a new petition, the petition process submission timeline, preparing a new petition budget, and the role of the authorizer.
Resources – Idaho State Department of Education
- Charter 101 Workshops – In Idaho, any organization submitting a charter school petition is required to attend the Charter Start 101 Workshop presented by the Idaho State Department of Education. Click the “Training” tab for current schedule, or contact Michelle Clement Taylor for more information.
- Accountability – Schools can use this to understand Idaho’s ESSA indicators for the school report cards. For more information, contact
- Idaho Public Schools Report Card – Compare your school to others in the state (required for expansion/replication grant applications)
- Assessment Resource Center – Sign up for training and newsletters. In-person training dates can be found under the training tab, at the bottom of the page.
- 2019 State Department of Education Assessment Road Show Agenda
- 2019 State Department of Education Assessment Road Show Presentations
CSP Technical Assistance Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.